Monday, April 11, 2011

Wallace Falls 4/11/2011

 "Come forth into the light of things. Let nature be your teacher."

 Isabel, ready to hit the trail

 My best friend, James 









 Bring on the sun!!





 Lower Falls

 Middle Falls





 My new hiking partner, my Gregory Deva 70 Backpack.

 A first time use of my new backpacking shoes, ended without blisters and with minimal soreness.


A friend we made on the way down the trail.


          Today I went on a hike to Wallace Falls with my best friend James and my dog Isabel. Wallace Falls is located just off of Hwy 2 in the town of Goldbar. We hiked 4.5 miles round trip up to the Middle Falls (approximately 1200' elevation) following the "Woody" trail (named after the late state senator Frank Woody). The waterfalls were absolutely stunning due to all the recent rainfall. We did encounter a small amount of hail during the 0.6 mile round trip hike from the Lower Falls to the Middle Falls. But, overall the day was beautiful the sun shone sporadically and the temperature was mild in the mid 50's. Even the rain waited until we had finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment