Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gregory Deva 70 Backpack Review

I recently purchased my Gregory Deva Backpack from REI using my member rewards coupon. I  bought the XS sized pack for my torso length of 15" . I had tried on many packs and did a lot of research prior to choosing the Gregory Deva 70.  My top reasons for choosing this bag were:
  1.  Durability: The pack is made from 210-denier double diamond ripstop and 210- and 420-denier flat weave fabrics
  2. Comfort: The molded padded straps and torso belt were extremely comfortable, they did not rub or move out of place. This was by far the biggest reason for my choice of the pack; the features are meaningless if the pack is uncomfortable.
  3. Size: I wanted a pack that would be able to handle carrying all my gear on multi-day expeditions. The XS pack carries up to 50 lbs of weight and the pack itself weighs 5 lb 9 oz.
  4. Usability: I like that the Gregory Deva 70 has three ways to get into the main compartment. It also has large side pockets, easily accessible hip pockets, water bladder storage and a removal to pack that turns into  either a fanny pack or slingbag. See the linked video from REI.com 
http://www.rei.com/product/video/809325?p5NXYwMjpRONHqY95Xd5o4V9WzzVtBJr#ooid=p5NXYwMjpRONHqY95Xd5o4V9WzzVtBJr
Additional Links:
http://www.gregorypacks.com/
rei.com

No comments:

Post a Comment