Saturday, May 21, 2011

Boyce Park, Pennsylvania 5/21/2011- Carpenter Trail

 
The trailhead

We saw many butterflies along the trail......only this one posed for a picture!

Me


Me and my sister Kelly!

Open field!


Beautiful weather....it was warm and sunny!

We were accompanied on the trail head by my sisters "boys", Brinkley and Bailey.

The trail was very well signed. Note the foliage......"leaves of three, let them be"

Me and Bailey

Today, I went on a trail hike with my sister and her two dogs (Brinkley and Bailey). We went to Boyce Park located near my sister's home. Boyce Park is named after William D. Boyce, the founder of the Boy Scouts who was born in the area. The 1,096 acres of Boyce Park located in Monroeville and Plum Boroughs within Allegheny County Pennsylvania.


To get to the trail head:
From Downtown Pittsburgh: Take I-376 East toward Monroeville, drive approximately 13 miles to exit 84B toward Plum. Merge onto Haymaker Rd/Old Haymaker Rd. Drive 0.7 mile and turn right onto Center Rd. In 0.8 mile make a sharp right onto Old Frankstown Rd. Destination will be on left.







No comments:

Post a Comment